Always wanted to learn how to make some fun and fashionable earrings? Well lets get to it! These earrings not only have swing and a little rock and roll personality, they are fairly easy to make yourself and you can change them to suit your limitless imagination and bead supply, which ever comes first.
Supplies and Tools
4. Cut chain into 14 pieces 1"(there may be a very tiny chain left but we are losing one ring each time we cut, so do not cut them longer).
5. Slide one chain then one ball onto the hoop alternating till you have 7 chains and six balls on each hoop. Do not worry if the wire gets a little warped, you can reshape it on the shot glass if needed.
6. Now make a loop on the other end that goes around under the other loop and close it.
7. Add your DIY ear wire and you have a pair of real rock and roll earrings
Making a metal bracelet with a center bead can be done with a few tools and is a great beginner project for learning wire shaping. I love these bangles because you can stack the bracelets and they take very little time to make when you get the hang of it.
Supplies and Tools
1. Cut the 16-18 gauge wire to 4"
2. Cut the 14 gauge wire to 6 1/2(small) , 7"(medium) or 7 1/2"(large)
3. Using emery board gently round and soften the ends so they do not scratch you
4. Slide bead/s onto the 16-18 gauge wire centering the beads
5. Using the round nose pliers bend each side down about 45 degrees
6. Using the pen or pencil and your fingers if possible wrap the wire around and cross over the wire.( if you are good with round nose pliers you can do it without the pen)
7. Using the flat nose pliers wrap the wire around twice for a clean and secure conection
8. Hammer one end of the 14 gauge wire approximately 1/2" from end to flatten slightly, then using the emery board smooth out edges (If you do not have a hammer, do not panic. This step can be left out. I like to do it for a cleaner more professional look).
9. Using widest part of your round nose pliers hook the other end but do not close the loop completely yet.
10. Using the 2" round object you have wrap the wire around it to form a open circle with your loop facing out.
11.Using the round pliers make a half circle on the other end facing out.
12. Now just put bead onto open loop and close it tight. Then gently shape the bead wire to be a small arch and put on your new bangle bracelet!
I am a self taught jewelry designer and artist. I studied fashion design and come from a very creative family.
To Follow my Blog press the RSS Feed button. This allows you to receive updates and new articles
All Adjuatable Ring Baking Bangle Bracelet Beginner Jewelry Making Being A Parent Bracelet Display Bullying Chocolate Chip Christmas Tree Ornament Cleaning Your Jewelry Stock Closed Link Technique Cookies Copper Bracelet Dangle Earrings DIY Bracelet DIY Christmas Ornament DIY Earrings DIY Ear Wires DIY Jewelry Diy Jewelry Project DIY Necklace DIY Pendant DIY Project DIY Wire Wrap Bracelet DIY Wire Wrap Jewelry DIY Wire Wrap Ring Easy As A Bread Tie Wire Wrap Easy Wire Wrap Method Egyptian Coil Bracelet Fish Hook Ear Wires Found Objects In Jewelry Gem And Jewelry Shwo Information Globe Earrings Going Green Jewelry Hammered Jewelry Hoop Earrings Jewelry Bust Jewelry Bust Cover Jewelry Displays Jewelry Video Kids DIY Project Leaf Earrings Link Necklace Man Made Stone Metal Bracelet With Stone Mom Of A Son Natural Stones Necklace Display Picture Frame Redo Re-covering A Display Recycled Copper Sewing For Beginners Sewing Project Shamrock Earrings Six Year Old Mind Small Stone Pendant Spring-2014-collection Spring-cleaning St-patricks-day-earrings Tree Of Life Valentines-day-project When-to-change-your-jewelry-stock Wire Wire-and-gauge Wire Crochet Wire Hoops Wire-links Wire Viking Knit Wire Weave Pendant Wire Weave Project Wire Wrap Bracelet Wire-wrap-bracelet Wire Wrap Earrings Wire-wrap-ear-wires Wire-wrap-ornament Wire-wrapped-cabochon Wire Wrapped Jewelry Making Wire-wrapped-jewelry-making Wire Wrapped Shell Wire Wrap Pendant Wire-wrap-pendant Wire Wrap Ring Wrap A Loose Stone Into A Ring Wrapping A Briolette