This DYI multiple bracelet display pillow is very simple and takes very little fabric and time to create. I came up with the idea out of need and very little time. You can of course purchase these items from a jewelry display company, but I like the idea that I can make them out of scraps and also I can make any color I wish for any type of display I might want or need. It is a sewing project perfect for a beginner, so it is terrific to teach a young girl or boy how to sew, and they have a fun way to organize all those rubber band bracelets.
*This project can be done by hand if you do not have or wish to use a sewing machine
1. Muslin and matching thread (use what ever fabric scraps you want)
3. Ruler and scissors
4. Sewing machine and sharp needle in the appropriate size for you fabric choice
5. Hand sewing needle
1. Cut a rectangle that is 13"x 8" out of your muslin (you can of course choose a shorter or longer length, and you can make the width smaller, however I would avoid making the width bigger, since most bracelets measure 6-7.5 inches around.)
2. Fold the fabric in half length wise, with the right sides together, and pin all around, leaving a three inch opening at the center of the length. Cut corner 1/8" from tip to make
3. Sew all around on a 1/2" seam allowance leaving on either side of the opening (make sure to back stitch at the opening to avoid the stitch coming undone).
4. Turn the fabric right side out and stuff the tube full so it is taught but not warped and buckling.
5. Hand stitch the opening closed and layer on the bracelets!
I am a self taught jewelry designer and artist. I studied fashion design and come from a very creative family.
To Follow my Blog press the RSS Feed button. This allows you to receive updates and new articles
All Adjuatable Ring Baking Bangle Bracelet Beginner Jewelry Making Being A Parent Bracelet Display Bullying Chocolate Chip Christmas Tree Ornament Cleaning Your Jewelry Stock Closed Link Technique Cookies Copper Bracelet Dangle Earrings DIY Bracelet DIY Christmas Ornament DIY Earrings DIY Ear Wires DIY Jewelry Diy Jewelry Project DIY Necklace DIY Pendant DIY Project DIY Wire Wrap Bracelet DIY Wire Wrap Jewelry DIY Wire Wrap Ring Easy As A Bread Tie Wire Wrap Easy Wire Wrap Method Egyptian Coil Bracelet Fish Hook Ear Wires Found Objects In Jewelry Gem And Jewelry Shwo Information Globe Earrings Going Green Jewelry Hammered Jewelry Hoop Earrings Jewelry Bust Jewelry Bust Cover Jewelry Displays Jewelry Video Kids DIY Project Leaf Earrings Link Necklace Man Made Stone Metal Bracelet With Stone Mom Of A Son Natural Stones Necklace Display Picture Frame Redo Re-covering A Display Recycled Copper Sewing For Beginners Sewing Project Shamrock Earrings Six Year Old Mind Small Stone Pendant Spring-2014-collection Spring-cleaning St-patricks-day-earrings Tree Of Life Valentines-day-project When-to-change-your-jewelry-stock Wire Wire-and-gauge Wire Crochet Wire Hoops Wire-links Wire Viking Knit Wire Weave Pendant Wire Weave Project Wire Wrap Bracelet Wire-wrap-bracelet Wire Wrap Earrings Wire-wrap-ear-wires Wire-wrap-ornament Wire-wrapped-cabochon Wire Wrapped Jewelry Making Wire-wrapped-jewelry-making Wire Wrapped Shell Wire Wrap Pendant Wire-wrap-pendant Wire Wrap Ring Wrap A Loose Stone Into A Ring Wrapping A Briolette