I know it's been done a few different ways, but none of them worked for me so here is my version of the picture frame jewelry display. I use my display for shows and depending on my stock, I like to rearrange it. This frame lets me do that with ease, using pins to change it up. Plus as a bonus I can hang it vertical or horizontal. This project is very easy and can be finished in a couple hours.
Picture frame( sand and repaint if you like)
Foam core board
Hot glue and gun
1. Remove glass and picture frame cardboard back (this is not thick enough to work for our project) however this is our pattern so keep it for the next steps.
*As you can see from the picture I chose to repaint the frame. I did this the day before. Be sure to let it cure overnight.
2. Using the cardboard from the frame as a pattern cut the batting out and trim it 1/4" smaller, then cut out the foam board the same size as the cardboard pattern, Cut out the felt 1/2" smaller than the pattern and finally cut the muslin 1 1/2" larger than the cardboard pattern.
3. Spray adhesive the foam board and place the batting on top making sure it sticks but the glue doesn't come through.
4. Lay the batting side face down on the wrong side of your cover fabric and hot glue the fabric onto the backside, being careful to make it snug and create triangle on the corners to make it clean. Do not trim excess.
5. Now hot glue the felt onto the back to cover all those ugly edges, being careful to not let the glue show. It doesn't have to perfect just clean so the threads don't show or fray.
6. Gently place back into the frame and push those holders down to secure. You can hang it up and use it like a piece of artwork and change it around anytime you want.
I am a self taught jewelry designer and artist. I studied fashion design and come from a very creative family.
To Follow my Blog press the RSS Feed button. This allows you to receive updates and new articles
All Adjuatable Ring Baking Bangle Bracelet Beginner Jewelry Making Being A Parent Bracelet Display Bullying Chocolate Chip Christmas Tree Ornament Cleaning Your Jewelry Stock Closed Link Technique Cookies Copper Bracelet Dangle Earrings DIY Bracelet DIY Christmas Ornament DIY Earrings DIY Ear Wires DIY Jewelry Diy Jewelry Project DIY Necklace DIY Pendant DIY Project DIY Wire Wrap Bracelet DIY Wire Wrap Jewelry DIY Wire Wrap Ring Easy As A Bread Tie Wire Wrap Easy Wire Wrap Method Egyptian Coil Bracelet Fish Hook Ear Wires Found Objects In Jewelry Gem And Jewelry Shwo Information Globe Earrings Going Green Jewelry Hammered Jewelry Hoop Earrings Jewelry Bust Jewelry Bust Cover Jewelry Displays Jewelry Video Kids DIY Project Leaf Earrings Link Necklace Man Made Stone Metal Bracelet With Stone Mom Of A Son Natural Stones Necklace Display Picture Frame Redo Re-covering A Display Recycled Copper Sewing For Beginners Sewing Project Shamrock Earrings Six Year Old Mind Small Stone Pendant Spring-2014-collection Spring-cleaning St-patricks-day-earrings Tree Of Life Valentines-day-project When-to-change-your-jewelry-stock Wire Wire-and-gauge Wire Crochet Wire Hoops Wire-links Wire Viking Knit Wire Weave Pendant Wire Weave Project Wire Wrap Bracelet Wire-wrap-bracelet Wire Wrap Earrings Wire-wrap-ear-wires Wire-wrap-ornament Wire-wrapped-cabochon Wire Wrapped Jewelry Making Wire-wrapped-jewelry-making Wire Wrapped Shell Wire Wrap Pendant Wire-wrap-pendant Wire Wrap Ring Wrap A Loose Stone Into A Ring Wrapping A Briolette