I did this ring tray re-cover project to clean up my ring tray and to brighten up and show off my rings better. It was so super easy and made a world of difference in how you could see the color and detail of the rings, plus it really made taking pictures of my adjustable ring so much clearer. Not only can you make one in less than an hour, but they are inexpensive to make and washable to boot!
* This project can be hand sewn if you do not have, or wish to use a sewing machine
1. Measuring tape or ruler
2. Paper and pencil to make pattern
4. Thin small spatula
5. Muslin and matching thread
6. Sewing machine with small sharp needle(size 9 or 11)
1. Measure the tray foam insert width and length. To turn this into a pattern add 1" to the width, then Double the length and add 1/2" to that also. Transfer these measurements to paper to create a rectangular pattern.
( Exp. tray insert measuring 4"x 6" will become 5"x 12 1/2")
2. Using your pattern, cut the Muslin.
3. Now roll each edge over 1/4" twice and pin. After I do this I check my measurement for the width just to make sure it will fit properly, if it isn't trim and roll again. Sew all around and iron edges flat.
4. Using your clean small spatula, stuff the top and bottom edges of the fabric into the tray covering the foam. Begin on the top and gently stuff the fabric in between each section of the ring tray foam insert, making sure to keep it slightly taught and straight. Continue until each section is in and all the fabric is taught.
You are done! See so super easy and what a great new look for your display!
I am a self taught jewelry designer and artist. I studied fashion design and come from a very creative family.
To Follow my Blog press the RSS Feed button. This allows you to receive updates and new articles
All Adjuatable Ring Baking Bangle Bracelet Beginner Jewelry Making Being A Parent Bracelet Display Bullying Chocolate Chip Christmas Tree Ornament Cleaning Your Jewelry Stock Closed Link Technique Cookies Copper Bracelet Dangle Earrings DIY Bracelet DIY Christmas Ornament DIY Earrings DIY Ear Wires DIY Jewelry Diy Jewelry Project DIY Necklace DIY Pendant DIY Project DIY Wire Wrap Bracelet DIY Wire Wrap Jewelry DIY Wire Wrap Ring Easy As A Bread Tie Wire Wrap Easy Wire Wrap Method Egyptian Coil Bracelet Fish Hook Ear Wires Found Objects In Jewelry Gem And Jewelry Shwo Information Globe Earrings Going Green Jewelry Hammered Jewelry Hoop Earrings Jewelry Bust Jewelry Bust Cover Jewelry Displays Jewelry Video Kids DIY Project Leaf Earrings Link Necklace Man Made Stone Metal Bracelet With Stone Mom Of A Son Natural Stones Necklace Display Picture Frame Redo Re-covering A Display Recycled Copper Sewing For Beginners Sewing Project Shamrock Earrings Six Year Old Mind Small Stone Pendant Spring-2014-collection Spring-cleaning St-patricks-day-earrings Tree Of Life Valentines-day-project When-to-change-your-jewelry-stock Wire Wire-and-gauge Wire Crochet Wire Hoops Wire-links Wire Viking Knit Wire Weave Pendant Wire Weave Project Wire Wrap Bracelet Wire-wrap-bracelet Wire Wrap Earrings Wire-wrap-ear-wires Wire-wrap-ornament Wire-wrapped-cabochon Wire Wrapped Jewelry Making Wire-wrapped-jewelry-making Wire Wrapped Shell Wire Wrap Pendant Wire-wrap-pendant Wire Wrap Ring Wrap A Loose Stone Into A Ring Wrapping A Briolette